Healthy foods are nutrient-rich and packed with protein and minerals to help you stay healthy and strong. Plus, healthy snacking throughout the day is an easy way to lose weight. Here are 10, 100-calorie, healthy snacks.
- Greek Yogurt with Blueberries – Measure ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt (no sugar added) and top with 1/3 cup blueberries for a satisfying snack anytime.
- Hummus and Raw Veggies – Adding vegetables provides a super combo meal of essential nutrients and fiber all vital for heart health and reduced risk of disease. Stick to 100 calories by eating 2 tablespoons of hummus with 1 cup raw vegetables.
Hard Boiled Eggs – Coming in at about 75 calories per serving including the yolk, eggs make a smart snack choice for a quick pick-me-up!
Whole Grain Toast with Almond Butter – Maintain a 100 calorie serving size by enjoying one slice of whole grain bread and top with ½ tablespoon almond butter. This high in fiber, rich in protein and healthy fat snack will satisfy any hunger pang!
Raw Nuts – A handful of raw almonds (about 13) per serving are approximately 75 nutrient-dense calories and a perfect on-the-go superfood!
Whole Grain Toast with Avocado – Avocados are full of essential vitamins and healthy fats promoting healthy lipid profiles (cholesterol) and weight loss. Enjoy 1/4 fresh avocado on your toast for a nutrient-dense quick superfood meal and under 100 calories!
- Fresh Fruit – Fruit is quick, easy, and a great low-calorie snack anytime. Fruits like apples are high in quercetin, a natural anti-inflammatory and excellent for post-workout muscle recovery. Apples are also high in fiber and probably one of the best grab and go snacks around coming in well under 100 calories.
- Green Protein Smoothie – Simply combine 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 sliced apple or 1/4 chopped banana, 1/4 cup kale or spinach, and 1/4 scoop whey powder and blend for a 100 calorie powerhouse drink full of essential nutrients.
Peanut Butter on Celery – Spreading 1 tablespoon on a long stalk of celery will keep the calories at 100 and provide satiety for hours!
- Oats – Cook 1/4 cup dry oats for approximately 75 calories which allows wiggle room to top with 1/4 cup of your favorite berries or 1/4 sliced banana!